I gave my word that I’d have my Bandon Dunes trip report up before I left for New York yet here I am making excuses once again for being behind! It’s coming…I promise!
The NY trip was absolutely incredible and you can look forward to hearing about it sometime in 2013 when I catch up…kidding…kind of!
My game has come around a bit lately, especially with my ball striking but as you might expect, just when I start hitting it better, my putter starts getting testy.
Still, I was able to prevail in my first round Langley Cup match, giving five strokes to Darryl B and coming through with a tight 2&1 win. I now face good friend Andy in the second round. I got a first round bye in the Scratch Cup match play event and will have to play my second round matches in both events in June.
I know I’ve already written a couple blog posts about Jim Colton and his 108+ hole golf marathon coming up at Ballyneal in June to benefit local caddie Ben Cox but I want to once again post an update, as many generous people have donated items that will be auctioned off to those who contribute.
Check out Jim’s blog post here. Just look at the places that have graciously donated items:
1. One foursome at Ballyneal, going to the person who most accurately guesses the amount of strokes over par it will take me to complete 108 holes (only one guess per number, so if your first guess is taken, you will be assigned the next closest number).
2. Another foursome at Ballyneal
3. A foursome of golf at Dismal River in Mullen, NE
4. A foursome of golf at The Kingsley Club in Kingsley, MI
5 & 6. Two pairs of golf shoes from TRUE Linkswear – one pair of TRUE Tours and one pair of their new TRUE Stealths, to be raffled off individually
7. A threesome of golf and lunch with a member host at Hudson National Golf Club in New York
8. Two nights accomodation at Fairmont St Andrews, full Scottish breakfast each morning and 18 holes of golf on The Torrance or The Kittocks
9. A threesome of golf and lunch at the Olympic Club (Lake Course), site of the 1955, 1966, 1987, 1998 and 2012 U.S. Opens. Also includes round at par-3 Cliffs Course, time and schedule permitting.
10. A threesome of golf and caddies at Skokie Country Club
11. A twosome of golf at Merion Golf Club’s East Course, site of the 2013 U.S. Open. Includes tour of the club archives and lunch or dinner.
12. A foursome of golf at East Lake Golf Club, site of The Tour Championship.
13. A threesome of golf at Riviera Country Club, site of the 1948 U.S. Open, 1983 and 1995 PGA Championships and home of the PGA Tour’s Northern Trust Open.
14. A twosome of golf at Erin Hills Golf Club, site of the 2011 U.S. Amateur and the 2017 U.S. Open
Incredibly, new items are being added almost on a daily basis! The golf community, especially those at Golf Club Atlas, have really come through for Jim and ultimately for Ben Cox and his family.
Godspeed, my friend.